This week, our main goal was to finish reading our "just right" chapter books by Spring Break. We also spent the week focusing on genre studies, in which we also determined whether our books were fiction or non-fiction. On Friday, students used their Chromebooks to type a summary of their chapter book, including all the most important details from their stories.
This week, students spent time working in committees (infrastructure, culture, rules, technology and health and safety) to determine their own class bills. During our legislative mock ups, students were broken up into both senators and representatives, and elected an official from both sides to represent them throughout the voting process. Each committee shared their bill, and testified as to why it would be a good fit for our classroom.
Field Trip Recognition
This week, students visited the Oregon State Capitol building in Salem. After a long Government unit, students got to sit in both chambers of the Senators and House of Representatives, as well as Governor Kate Brown's office! We are extremely grateful to all our parent volunteers to joined us on our visit, and made the field trip possible, Thank you chaperones!
Special Offer from the Adidas and Nike Employee Store
The Adidas Employee Store is sharing their employee discount with all Beaverton School District students. To access the store during the shopping period (3/24/2017 to 4/10/2017), please present your student report card, or Student ID card. The student must be present in order for the entire party to enter the store (maximum 5 persons).
All Beaverton School District elementary students and their families are invited to "Gear Up For Spring Break" at the Nike Company Store Saturday, March 24 - Saturday, March 31, 2018.
- Invitation is valid for One-Time entry (Invitation linked)
- Each ELEMENTARY student my bring with them their parents/legal guardians and siblings
- Each staff member may bring with them their *spouse/permanent partner and their own dependent children 24 and younger
There's still time, (and plenty of room) to join Mr. Blanc, and Mrs. Hauser at the 4th grade Auction Party. Students are invited to partake in an afternoon of fun at Super Play, while we eat pizza, and enjoy both laser tag and bowling. If you're interested in signing your child up, please contact Sharon Parks at email@example.com, we look forward to seeing you there!
- Monday, March 26th- Friday, March 30th- SPRING BREAK
- Saturday, March 24th -31st- Nike Employee Store Shopping
- Saturday, March 24th- Tuesday, April 10th- Adidas Employee Store Shopping
- Monday, April 2nd-School Resumes after break
- Friday, April 6th- Movie/Storybook character Spirit Day
- Thursday, April 12th-4th grade Auction Party
- Friday, April 13th- Grading Day- No School for students